Monday, October 22, 2012

and so it ends....


After examining all these different articles, sources, and theories about why zombies have become so popular in media, I have become convinced that the biggest reason for the zombie’s popularity is their versatility and adaptability.  The zombie’s ability to adapt and speak for so many situations is its greatest strength and the main reason that they appear so much in modern media.  The ability of the genre to be adapted to so many different ideas whether comparing various foreign policy ideals, teaching about the best way to prepare and equip yourself during a pandemic, being an analogy of social independence of thought, or just telling a fun story that people feel they can relate too is it’s true appeal to so many authors and film makers.
As I continue my study of zombies, I have not yet decided on a thesis for my final project.  I still want to do more research on voodoo zombies and their possible influence on this zombie phenomenon as well as some of the original source material in movie and book form.  I have not yet found a copy of some of those old movies but I do intend to look for them.  I have also been reading some of the more popular books in the genre looking for common elements the might suggest some other research paths to me. 
As I come to the end of this blog I have to wonder where my research will go from here: What are the best source materials?  Should I read some of the comic books as well the books I have been reading?  Should I watch some of the movies as well?  I find that here at the end I have more questions and maybe not as many answers as I would have liked.  I believe this project was beneficial to me though,  It gave me a couple new avenues of research to explore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment